Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo 10/02/2009, 17:19
Carlitos26

Antigüedad: 15 años, 3 meses
Respuesta: No puedo configurar Mysql en vista

Hola. yo tampoco podía instalar MySQL 5 en Windows Vista pero navegando por la red me encontré esta solución y me funcionó a la perfección. Se las comparto para que la prueben y vean que si funciona. Suerte!!

1. Stop the mysqld.exe process.
(a. First I went to the start button, then programs, then MySQL, then MySQL System Tray
Monitor. This opens a circular cog icon in the task bar [bottom of screen] which I right
clicked. In the resulting menu I ensured MySQL was stopped.
b. I held ctrl alt delete to open task manager found the mysqld.exe process and ended
it.)

2. Start the mysqld.exe process with the --skip-grant-tables option
(a. I went to the start button, then programs, then Accessories, then right clicked the
command prompt item and chose "Run As Administrator". A black screen should open with
something like C:\Users\Computer>
b. Type cd/ then press enter. [Our goal will be to navigate to the folder which contains
the mysqld.exe application. For me it was in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server
5.1\bin.]
c. Type cd Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/bin then press enter.
d. Type mysqld.exe --skip-grant-tables then press enter.
Leave this window open. It will be locked to further typing however.)

3. Start the MySQL client with the -u root option.
(a. Just like the steps in 2 above, I went to the start button, programs, accessories,
opened the command prompt with a right click as administrator, then typed cd at the
C:\Users\Computer> prompt, then cd Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/bin and enter.
b. Then I typed mysql.exe -u root and then enter.
We are about to alter the password, for the sake of argument let it be abc123
c. I then typed UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = PASSWORD('abc123') WHERE User = 'root';
then enter
d. I then typed FLUSH PRIVILEGES; and then enter.)

4. Close the command prompt windows, and you may need to end the mysqld.exe process before
you can use the query browser (or other client application) I did.
That's all. You probably don't need to configure the instance, but I did anyway, and it
didn't hang at step 4!

Además de lo anterior también fui a panel de control -- firewall -- add port --
MySql 3306 TCP, y chequee la casillita de esta nueva Excepción que había hecho.