Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo 22/09/2003, 10:26
Caminante
Colaborador

Antigüedad: 21 años, 9 meses
There is a graphic image format with the extension .ART that is scattered all over the World Wide Web and is completely undocumented, and unknown to most users.

It is also incompatible with practically all graphic image editors and paint programs. It is not mentioned in any manual or program of which I am aware, and if you try to use it with practically any application you will get an error message to the effect that “it is an unknown format” and cannot be read, or opened. And yet it exists quite commonly and pervasively throughout the Web. It has appeared on my own Web site although I did not place it there.

After over a year of being frustrated by this .ART format, I have finally solved the puzzle. I think it is an interesting story, so here it is.

The .ART format is not in any of my applications.

(Special Note: Recently a computer user sent me an e-mail message informing me that he has a program that can read and change .ART format graphic files. The program is "Graphic Workshop Professional". I tried it out and it does work quite well. It costs $40 and is available from the web at the following URL:)

http://alchemymindworks.com/alchemy/alchemy.html