Foros del Web » Administración de Sistemas » Shared Hosting y VPS »

EZinames ex IRegistrations SCAM domains at $609 each !

Estas en el tema de EZinames ex IRegistrations SCAM domains at $609 each ! en el foro de Shared Hosting y VPS en Foros del Web. For those considering purchasing a cheap domain name - stay well clear of the fraudsters IRegistrations now called Ezinames [ same company ] and Enom ...
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:01

Antigüedad: 19 años, 8 meses
Exclamación EZinames ex IRegistrations SCAM domains at $609 each !

For those considering purchasing a cheap domain name - stay well clear of the fraudsters IRegistrations now called Ezinames [ same company ] and Enom the parent company.

Just insert IRegistrations name into google to see what has gone B4.

Their latest scam under the new name [ introduced Aug 17th ] is to allow you to register and go through the entire process and then very briefly when you confirm the credit card transaction you will see this :-

If you wish to you wish to cancel them you can by simply logging into you account. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active. To continue these services simply do nothing and they will remain active. An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active, if you cancel them during the 7 day free trial you will not be charged anything for them. We can only offer this setup and trial for new accounts with ezinames not second third and subsequent domains.
cancel them you can by simply logging into you account. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active. To continue these services simply do nothing and they will remain active. An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active. There is absolutely no obligation to keep these services active, if you cancel them during the 7 day free trial you will not be charged anything for them. We can only offer this setup and trial for new accounts with ezinames not second third and subsequent domains.

Note the $599 advance charge added to your $5.95 registration cost !!

Now the new twist is to have you log-in to your management area and not make it at all clear on how you might "decline" the hosting option which of course it set to an activated "YES" state, unless changed by you.

They also try to get you to sign for the transaction , the original transaction and provide a NY fax number. DO NOT SIGN OR FAX anything to them.

They have of course considered that most people will not bother to fax them a signature so the ingenious bit is you cannot log into your management area until you do, therefore you are considered to have accepted the web-hosting as you cannot get into the admin to change the status that they have set as "active" .... fraudulent so and so's

IRegistrations had their credit card facility taken from them by the credit card companies, so now they simply change their name...
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:11
Colaborador

Antigüedad: 21 años
Thanks for the info. However, please note this is a spanish-speaking forum, so few members would be able to understand your post.

Regards,
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:13

Pregunta could someone translate ?

Cita:
Iniciado por Eboy
Thanks for the info. However, please note this is a spanish-speaking forum, so few members would be able to understand your post.

Regards,
I am based in Mallorca but so not write Spanish , sorry !

Could someone translate it please ?
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:34
Colaborador

Cita:
Iniciado por netprophet
I am based in Mallorca but so not write Spanish , sorry !

Could someone translate it please ?
No problem bud. I'll do so.

By the way, how did you realize about Foros del Web?

Greetings
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:37

Antigüedad: 20 años, 4 meses
Did i understand well?

Cita:
An amount of $599 will be charged to your credit card annually in advance for these services after the free trial ends should you elect to keep them active.
Is it a joke?

Cita:
[Sin firma, por el momento, para poder hablar con más libertad]

Última edición por netcom; 24/08/2004 a las 13:39
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:38

De acuerdo google.com

Cita:
Iniciado por Eboy
No problem bud. I'll do so.

By the way, how did you realize about Foros del Web?

Greetings
Thank you very much

Also I am looking for a ASP developer who has Javascript and SQL server experience where shoudl I post that requirement ?

Regards
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:48
Colaborador

Traducción/Translation:

-------
Aquí nuestro amigo netprophet quiso advertirnos acerca de las prácticas que llevan a cabo Ezinames/Iregistrations.

Resulta que una vez das de alta el dominio con ellos, te pueden cargar a tu tarjeta de crédito $599 dólares, una vez ha finalizado el período de prueba (hosting) que ellos otorgan automáticamente. El asunto es que debes manifestar expresamente que NO deseas recibir el servicio de hosting ANTES de que finalice dicho período de prueba (free trial) y al parecer hay una opción para tal efecto en el panel de control al que te dan acceso.

Para asegurar aún más el cobro de los $599 dólares, te obligan a enviar un FAX con tu firma. Y para forzar el envío del FAX, no te permiten acceder al panel de administración hasta que este requisito se cumpla. Mientras tanto, el tiempo va pasando y la empresa considera que has aceptado sus términos iniciales, y por ende, te cobran los $599 dólares.
-------

La anterior es sólo un intento de traducción y no compromete en ninguna manera la opinión del traductor.
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:51

Exclamación it's serious !

Cita:
Iniciado por netcom
Did i understand well?

Is it a joke?

See Espana translation above .....

Última edición por netprophet; 24/08/2004 a las 13:58
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:53
Colaborador

Cita:
Iniciado por netcom
Is it a joke?
No, no es broma. Las prácticas de Iregistrations ya las conocía, pues actúan/actuaban de manera similar.

Tu expresión acerca de mi firma... bien... es una larga historia...

Saludos,
Antiguo 24/08/2004, 13:59
Colaborador

Cita:
Iniciado por netprophet

Thank you very much

Also I am looking for a ASP developer who has Javascript and SQL server experience where shoudl I post that requirement ?

Regards
You're welcome.

For ASP/JavaScript/SQL developer, your best bet is http://www.devshed.com/ (but maybe you already knew it).
Antiguo 26/08/2004, 23:22

De acuerdo gracias

Thank you !

Yes I know of devshed... is that good for Spanish people also ?

Regards
NETPROPHET
Antiguo 26/08/2004, 23:39
Colaborador

Cita:
Iniciado por netprophet
Thank you !

Yes I know of devshed... is that good for Spanish people also ?
We better handle this by PM, since by replying you here I'm going against the forum rules.

Click on my username >> Enviar Mensaje Privado >> Write the message >> Click on Enviar mensaje

Nota para los moderadores: acabo de decirle a netprophet que mejor manejamos sus inquietudes mediante mensaje privado, para ceñirnos a las normas de Foros del Web:

Cita:
El idioma de los foros es el Español por lo que agradecemos el uso moderado de cualquier otro idioma.
Saludos,
Atención: Estás leyendo un tema que no tiene actividad desde hace más de 6 MESES, te recomendamos abrir un Nuevo tema en lugar de responder al actual.
Respuesta

La zona horaria es GMT -6. Ahora son las 15:24.